|Reference # : ||13-06361
||Title : ||Assistant Director of Clinical Coding|
New York, NY
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||12/13/2013
| Description |
Downtown Manhattan Full-service Teaching Hospital with a nationwide reputation for excellence and one of the largest providers of care in the state is looking for an Assistant Director of Clinical Coding
Assistant Director of Clinical Coding
- Oversees the day to day operations of the Clinical Coding Units of the Health Information Management Department.
- Maintaining responsibility for coding/DRG validation review, DRG PRO activities and assurance of appropriate reimbursement
- Overseeing compliance with coding standards and regulations
- Advising and assisting in improvement plans for coding and DRG assignment issues
- Validating assignment of codes and providing trending and analysis of coding and DRG issues
- Ensuring provision of complete and accurate medical records to the PRO and insurance companies for the purposes of DRG and/or quality reviews
- Assisting in the budgetary process and ensuring efficient allocation of expenditures
- Recognizing opportunities for revenue enhancement, within coding and compliance guidelines.
- Five years of progressive managerial experience in medical records with at least two years as a Coding Manager; thorough knowledge of ICD-9-CM, CPT-4, DRG methodologies and all regulatory requirements associated with coding and DRG assignment
- Approximately 3-5 years coding and DRG validation experience in an acute care setting
- Excellent analytical stills for trending and analysis.
- CCS is required and a Bachelor of Science degree from a program approved by the American Health Information Management Association (A.H.I.M.A.) is preferred.
- National license as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is strongly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Strong Six Figure Salary
- Benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, 403 (b) retirement and tuition
Interested in this position? We're interested in you! Please apply by clicking either "Apply " at the top of the page. If there is a problem with the link, please email your resumes along with the job title to firstname.lastname@example.org today!